Need you home insulated by professional insulation installers? Currently, we have teams that cover the entire Johannesburg and Pretoria region. We run a professional installation service. Our teams are fully trained and qualified to install all types of insulation products.
We install and replace the materials used to insulate buildings and their mechanical systems to help control and maintain the temperatures in buildings. These workers are often referred to as insulators or installers.
WHAT DO INSULATION INSTALLERS DO?
- Remove old insulation and dispose of it properly
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine the requirements of the job
- Determine the amount and type of material needed
- Measure and cut the product to fit into walls and around pipes
- Fasten products in place with staples, tape, or screws
- Use compressors to spray foam into some spaces
- Install foil barriers to protect the materials from moisture
- Follow safety guidelines
Properly insulated buildings save energy by keeping the heat in during the winter and out in the summer. We insulate buildings, homes, offices, schools, boilers, steam pipes, geysers and hot-water pipes also prevent the wasteful loss of heat or cold and prevent burns. In addition, it helps reduce noise that passes through walls and ceilings.
When renovating old buildings, insulation installers often must remove old products. In the past, asbestos—now known to cause cancer—was used extensively to insulate walls, ceilings, pipes, and industrial equipment. Because of this danger, hazardous materials removal workers or specially trained insulators are required to remove asbestos before workers can begin the installation of new ceiling insulation.
Floor, ceiling, and wall insulators install products in ceilings, under floors, and behind walls in homes and other buildings. Our installers unroll, cut, fit, and staple fibreglass or polyester materials between wall studs and ceiling joists. Some workers, however, spray foam with a compressor hose into the space being filled.
MANAGING INSULATION INSTALLERS
Once you’ve hired an installer, there are a few things to do to manage the work done and to make sure you’re getting the results you want.
- Make sure the contractor gives you a contract or receipt for the product installed. This is required by law.
- Check that the proper amount of insulation is actually installed. Make sure you get the R-value you were promised upfront.
- After the job is finished, inspect your home to make sure the material was installed correctly.